Thursday, November 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday

I cannot keep up with my students.  I have kids who read two or three books a day, sometimes more.  I cannot recommend anything to them because they have already read it.  I have two small children and a full-time job, so I read books about once a week.  I can read them a little faster if they are digital because I can read them at the gym.  However, it seems I am read more non-digital lately, so I feel I am falling behind.  In honor of my turtle-speed reading, I am going to start Throwback Thursday.  TBT is a trend on social media which usually entails posting an older picture of yourself.  I will spare you all the horror of my 90s self and post books that I have previously read.
Synopsis: The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, messy, affectionate. And every day from her rooftop perch, Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs up next to her and changes everything.

As the two fall fiercely for each other, stumbling through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first love, Jase's family embraces Samantha - even as she keeps him a secret from her own. Then something unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A transporting debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another.

Review: This book came in my first order of the school year.  This is always like Sophie's Choice for me, how do I pick just ONE.  But, I did, and this was it.  Such a cute book.  If you have Sarah Dessen fans, give this to them.  The Garretts were an easily family to love, as Samantha did, and I found myself wishing I lived next door to them too!  It takes place during the summer, and has all the happy summer feels and smells of lazy, beachy days. A sequel is coming out in 2015 and I can't wait to read more about this family!

No comments:

Post a Comment