Monday, April 14, 2014

If I Stay

Mia Hall has a choice to make.  As she stands in the ICU, watching the doctors and nurses care for her, she realizes she can decide if she wants to live or die.  Both her parents were killed in the car accident that has put Mia into a coma, and she is barely hanging on.  Now the choice is hers to make.  Mia's life is told through flashbacks.  She is an accomplished cello player, with an audition to Julliard behind her, and confidence she will be accepted.  She has a boyfriend, Adam, a musician who understands and loves her.  She also has a best friend that is her other half.  But is that enough to live without her parents?
This is a great book, a quick read that leaves the reader wondering what will happen.
I knew this book was currently being made into a movie, so I thought I would check it out.  I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to students.  Especially those that need a quick read.  It's short and not intimidating.  I'm reading the second book now because I couldn't want to see what happens next.

The movie is coming out in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment