Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey

The Infinite Sea is the follow-up book to The 5th Wave.
The 5th Wave was my favorite book of 2013.  I think because it caught me by surprise.  It was nothing like I thought it would be, and I couldn't wait to read the second book in the series.  The Infinite Sea picks up right where The 5th Wave left off.  Cassie Sullivan is trying to survive the alien apocalypse.  The aliens have been attacking in waves.  She has figured out what the 5th wave is, and is trying desperately to stop it and save Earth from the alien invasion.  I don't want to give away too much of the book, but The Infinite Sea is extremely action packed.  Lots of alien fighting.  It also explores a minor character from The  5th Wave, telling the story mostly from her point of view.  This is one of my go-to recommendations for students.  The writing is excellent and fast paced.  I can't wait for the next book.

The book is being adapted into a movie, due out in 2016.
IMDB Link

No comments:

Post a Comment