Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Cress

Cress is the third installment of The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.  The story picks up right where Scarlet, the second book left off.  Cinder, Scarlet, Wolf, and Captain Carswell Thorne are in space trying to avoid capture by the Lunar Queen Levana.  They are unaware that Cress, am excellent hacker, is keeping them invisible and untraceable to all satellites.  Like Meyer's other books, Cress is a spin on the fairy tale Rapunzel.  She has been locked in a satellite since she was a child, only visited by the thaumaturge Sybil.  She is hoping Captain Thorne will be her prince charming, rescuing her from her "tower".  The story advances quickly and follows the same ideas as the first two books.  Cinder is trying to bring down the evil Queen Levana who is trying to rule Earth.  I can't go into too much detail without giving away the story of books one and two.
I really love this series.  I'm not a big fan of science fiction, so I was really surprised by how much I love this series.  I like the twists Meyer takes on the fairy tales, and I think each book is better than the last.  Cress is a great addition to the mix of characters, and this books ends with a cliff hanger that will make for a great fourth and final installment.  This is a series I highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment