Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My Favorite Love Stories

Happy Almost Valentine's Day!
I love reading YA romance novels.  They are so innocent and passionate.  I get asked for romance stories a lot, so I put together my top ten list of favorite YA love stories.
10.











This is a very cute book.  3 girls are sent to work on a peach orchard for the summer, and become close friends.  Of course, boys are involved, and a cross country trip to find the love of one of the girls is included. Light and fluffy.
9.
 
I'm not sure many would agree with me, but I loved the relationship between Tris and Four.  He is so protective of her and helps her through the initiation process.  Plus, Theo James is playing him in the upcoming movie.  You can't go wrong.
I would have chosen Dauntless too!
8.
Everyone loves Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy.  Even though their love story was not smooth, he eventually came to his senses.
“In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” 
― Jane AustenPride And Prejudice
The movie is also amazing!


7.











This was my first experience with teenage love.  I think I read this book in middle school and my friends and I all passed it around.  I haven't read it as an adult, but I remember loving this story and being heartbroken (spoiler alert!) when Michael and Kath broke up.  I wonder if my students would be able to relate to this book today.  Not sure.
6.











Another first love story, with its share of head over heels romance, only to come to a screeching halt when real life gets in the way.  An honest look at high school romance. 
5.



Delirium is set in a future, dystopian society that believes love is a disease.  At 18, every citizen must undergo a procedure to remove any feelings of love.  Lena has seen firsthand the problems love can cause and is looking forward to the day she will have her delirium removed.  Then she meets Alex, and begins to realize she might not want those feelings taken away from her after all.
4. 











This was my first book to read by Sarah Dessen.  She has written lots of books and she is always my go to for students looking for a love story.  Macy's boyfriend goes away to summer camp and she is lost without him.  When she begins working for a catering company, she beings to learn more about herself and the options open for her.
3.

Hazel Grace and Augustus meet in a cancer support group.  He shows her that life is worth living, taking her on adventures that she never imagined possible.  Such an awesome book, everyone loves it.  And the movie comes out in June!

2.

Hadley is not happy about going to London for her father's wedding. She misses her flight, and ends up waiting in the terminal for the overnight flight out of JFK.  That's when she meets Oliver.  Oliver cheers Hadley up, and the flight seems to pass in a matter of minutes.  But, they lose track of each other at Heathrow once they land.  Was their love meant to be?
1.
Oh, how I loved this book.  The Garretts were such a cute family and Jase such an easy boy to fall in love with.  The author is writing a follow up, and I can't wait to read more.

Have a great Valentine's week!



No comments:

Post a Comment