Monday, December 9, 2013

New Books!

I returned from Thanksgiving break with 15 new boxes of books!  Hurray!
This is a part of my job that I absolutely love, going through the boxes and pulling out clean, ready to read books.
These books came in Dewey order, so I was very careful to keep them that way as I put them on the carts.
I then check the books with my order, to make sure I received everything.  I also begin to think about which books I can't wait to read first.  Here are a few on my radar:
Emerald Green is the final book in the Ruby Red trilogy.  Gwenny discovers she inherited a time traveling gene and begins to go back in time.  Her cousin Charlotte was supposed to have it, so Gwyneth is completely unprepared when it actually happens to her.  I loved the first two books and this one became my first choice! 



 Rainbow Rowell's book Eleanor and Park has been on my radar for a long time now.  And this, her second book, is receiving rave reviews. 

This book just looks really interesting to me.  I love books about summer, and being on the beach, and September Girls is about those two things.


I put Stickers on the spine labels that say New and place the books in the middle of the library.  I go through the books and add them to categories, so they will come up in students' searches.  Zombies are a popular genre now, so I want students to be able to locate those books easily.
Students get so excited to see new books, especially the series they have been waiting to finish.  Talking with  them about books is definitely my favorite part of being a librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment